Sunday, September 28, 2008

You = Blind

It sucks to hear “I won’t wait for you anymore.”

It sucks to know that the bridge is on fire. And starting to burn.

“Do you miss her so bad it hurts?”

Well, I’m sorry about it. I’m sorry that I’m just not strong enough to tell you all these things. I’m so fucking sorry it makes me angry.

And you.

Well, you’ll just never get it. And by the time you see what I wrote here. It might be too late.

“Here’s the things I meant but never said.”

For you:

SHUT UP. If you’d just take any. Any. Kind of initiative. If you’d willingly show me you could worry less and have fun. If you could be that first surprise kiss. If you could pull me aside and show me that you still love me and I still love you.

Things would be different.
“We’d turn our music down…”
Things would change.
“....and we’d whisper…”
But you won’t.
“…Say what you’re thinking right now.”
Because you’re too fucking scared. And too fucking stubborn.
“We never grew out of this feeling that we won’t give up.”

2 comments:

C. said...

Did I look lonely too ?

N from NYC said...

If you got a note you did. : )