Thursday, October 16, 2008

Super World

I'm back where I was.

Where I am.

Who I am?

Maybe not that one just yet.

Tonight's just so... so... regular?

... As I sip my $65 bottle of sherry and write on a blog aimed at lonely strangers in NYC.

I'm just so jaded. In some ways, anyway.

"For the sake of making a statement, let's make our presence known.
We'll show up in our outfits we planned ahead,
meeting the qualifications for a special occasion.
Today is our day."

What gets me through the day? Is it the hope of love? Or a made bed at "home"? Or my expensive bottles of wine I can't afford?

I like to think you help. The ones reading this.

: / I hope you're out there.

I miss things I once had. Things I let slip away. I used to have all of my favorite people at arm's reach. I need to start getting them back.

"Super Boy. And Super Girl. Well I've got a question for your Super World. What gets you through? What gets you past? And how do you, fly so fast?

Is it the fame? 'Cuz everybody knows, who you are.

But it cant be the same. 'Cuz I Hear your from outer space. Pretty Far.

And Super Boy's got his problems, and Girl's got her hangups.

And I know that it can't be easy to be,

Super boy. In a thankless world, these days."

- N

No comments: